Sunday, November 1, 2009

Interactive White Boards

I honestly thought that I would enjoy using the Interactive White Board. When demonstrations were performed in class I was very excited to get started on my own presentation. However when I opened up the program and got to work I found myself getting very frustrated with the whole concept. I thought that with all the creative choices one could make that this would be fun. But I found myself struggling to come up with ideas of how to incorporate the White Board into an art classroom.
I am 100% positive that if I would be lucky enough to have such technology in my classroom that I would certainly use it. However, I would be 100% okay without having one as well. The Interactive White Board would be something I would have to get used to and I know I could do that. They clearly make the classroom more interactive and allow for more class participation which is a very big plus in my book. I know that I would love that to have been used more when I was in grade school.
For past lessons that I have created I would use the Board more as a power point. Showing examples and displaying different concepts. I could do different things with color and design elements and principles. However, I will stick to what I previously stated that I would be fine without having a White Board. Due to the nature of an Art room and the immense amount of participation as it is, it's a strong reason to not find the need for one. One thing to keep in my however, is the fact that I am currently taking a class that is focused on elementary art. In the High School classroom there may be many more uses for the Interactive White Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment