I really enjoyed creating the Newsletter, Flyer, Concept Map and Quiz. I was using tools in Word, Inspiration, and Publisher that I never knew exsisted. It really would have been nice to know those skills freshman year! However, I will take what I can get and definately put to use my new skills from now on.
Certain things like templates in Publisher and tables in Word never seemed prominent when I was creating new pieces. However, now I will be using them all the time, especially in the future and in the classroom. I can now put together a newsletter is less than an hour or quickly rattle off a quiz or flyer. As an Art teacher all those things will come in handy.
For my four pieces, each one corresponded to something in the art classroom. Something that I am likely to hold such as an Art Show or a mural painting. In the long run though, the most beneficial new skill will most likely be what I learned in Word and Publisher. Inspiration is great for the Elementary school teacher, but in art it is more difficult to find a good use for it. I am sure I would be able to organize ideas well with Inspriation but what I now know in Word and Publisher is even more worthwhile.
I can't stress enough how nice this would have been to know earlier in my college career or even in High School. But in the long run, as a teacher, I will be able to use the computer and its resources more effectively to enhance my curriculum, subject, and activities within my school district.
Final Blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment