Friday, September 25, 2009

Inspiration

Inspiration would be a wonderful tool to use in the Art classroom. I would be able to have my students create webs that discuss different artists and their lives. I could even have them discuss different artistic movements in history. It would also be a great way to organize art vocabulary. One other exciting way to use Inspiration would be to make a beautiful color wheel!
There are many different Webb Resources that we explored within the class. However, I feel as though I would benefit the most from ethemes. There is a higher chance of me finding information that I would be able to use in my content area. Illuminations is all math, something clearly that wouldn't work for art. Rubistar may work as well if I am doing perhaps an oral presentation that requires a rubric. They even have a tab for Art within their site that includes rubrics for mural painting, painting, art history reports, making a mask etc. One site that wouldn't be the most helpful is the library curriculum. I didn't even find any art options under those sites. But luckily enough there are other art options in a different section of the library curriculum like ARTSTOR that would be of use in the art classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment